Dr. Scher has been practicing medicine since 1970 and was board certified in Ophthalmology in 1977. Dr. Scher received his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine in 1970. He served his internship specializing in Medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital and served his residency specializing in Ophthalmology at New York University Medical Center, New York. He completed his fellowship training in Retinal Diseases at New York University Medical Center, New York in 1977. Dr. Scher is also a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha-Omega-Alpha Honor Societies. He was also the former president of the San Diego Eye Bank.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, 1977
- New York University School of Medicine, MD, 1970
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, Internship, Internship-Surgery, 1971
- New York University Medical Center, Residency, Ophthalmology, 1976
- New York University Medical Center, Fellowship, Retinal Ophthalmology, 1977